Salary: Circa £90,000 + Company Car + Bonus (Up to 30%) + Pension + Family Healthcare + Potential Relocation Allowance.
Based: Global-remit, necessity to spend significant time in the UK.
We are currently working on a retained basis with one of the world’s leading film producers, turning over approximately €300m and employing 800+ people. As the business enters an exciting new phase in its evolution we are looking to identify a highly driven, high-achieving, sales & marketing-led professional for this strategically important business unit. As a result of significant investment in capacity and capability the organisation is looking to attract a consummate leader to drive the strategic direction of this highly innovative division.
- Reporting to Global Sales & Marketing Director this position will be responsible for managing a P+L of circa €50m globally in addition to two direct reports and a matrix of local sales teams.
- With an ultimate goal of driving profitable growth through the creation and capture of value this role is central to realising growth potential in attractive niche, value-added segments in the high-barrier packaging market.
- Sales & Marketing accountability for the global packaging business unit.
- Owning the product group this role offers the opportunity to; establish product specifications, benchmark product performance, and assess commercial viability. The ultimate aim is to achieve a range of products that is technically feasible, price-sensitive and profit contributing.
- Steering the direction of the market this role will see you shaping consumer solutions and as such offer the chance to interact at a highly senior level throughout the supply-chain including some of the worlds’ largest brands.
- Ultimately this position will see you develop into an industry recognised expert, finely tuned into the trends of the market in order to ensure stable market share and profit growth.
- Educated to a degree level, preferably with a qualification in a relevant technical, scientific or commercial business discipline.
- Second and third languages would be highly beneficial.
- You will likely hail from one of the following industries; packaging films, converters, printers or a brand-owner. Applications will also be welcomed from associated industries such as; advanced coatings, adhesives, polymers and plastic extrusion.
- Given the technical nature of the industry prior product understanding or the ability to grasp new technical concepts quickly will be advantageous.
- Of definite interest is experience of interfacing with end-users and brand-owners.
- You must be able to demonstrate a flair for being a commercial business manager with a track record of driving profitable sales and increased market share.
- Given the global nature of this role it necessitates an international outlook, able to conduct yourself in differing cultures to the same positive result. In addition it is expected that this role will require a significant amount of international travel.
- Due to both the direct and matrix nature of management in this role you will possess a combination of coaching and influencing skills helping your direct team to over-achieve in addition to exerting your influence to ensure projects get off the ground and are seen through to completion.
- Possessing a modestly self-confident nature we are looking to speak with determined, highly energetic individuals that command respect from the entirety of their network. The culture of this organisation is honest, hard-working and high-achieving.
This is a career opportunity not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org