Salary: Package commensurate with experience.
Based; Buckinghamshire, European operations responsibility
We are currently working alongside an industry heavyweight within the production of innovative rigid plastic containers. With Group turnover exceeding £1bn this organisation are renowned for their reputation in developing innovative ‘hole-in-the-wall’ manufacturing operations in addition to their ability to drive true customer value. They have sent a significant message to the market following some changes to their senior management structure and are looking to further bolster their managerial capability through the addition of a European Operations Director.
- Reporting to the newly appointed Divisional Managing Director, holding a position on the Board this role carries responsibility for a multi-site manufacturing base accounting for over £100m in turnover and in excess of 500 people.
- With a diverse manufacturing base consisting of sites with varied capability, capacity and market-focus a key challenge within this role will be to develop and implement a coherent operations strategy.
- Environmental, health & safety excellence is a significant focus for the organisation. Ensuring compliance and a genuinely held ethos in these areas is of huge importance.
- Evolution not revolution – whilst change will be part and parcel of achieving divisional goals this must not be at the expense of employee engagement. Recognising contextual & cultural sensitivities to adopt an appropriate leadership style is key to ensuring productive change.
- With a focus on continuous improvement, it is expected that the job holder is able to conduct a thorough analysis, drawing upon LEAN management principles to devise and execute an operations plan which maximises the available technology to create genuine customer value.
- A core element to this position will also be developing an effective engineering model to utilise preventative maintenance in order to ensure maximum machine yield.
- Maintaining upstream and downstream alignment through the building of collaborative and robust relationships with other functions across the business.
- Work closely with HR to devise and implement training & development programmes with a view to further creating a skilled and motivated workforce.
- Must hold an appropriate degree or professional qualification aligned but not limited to modern manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge or formal qualification/course completion specifically related to Six Sigma and Lean manufacturing would be highly beneficial. Demonstrating knowledge of 5S and Muda elimination is also desirable however the track record of driving high operational performance takes precedent over text-book knowledge.
- An ability to demonstrate a strong track record of first-rate operational performance on a multi-site basis is essential to be considered for this position.
- Highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Experience of managing people effectively at varying levels of seniority is a pre-requisite as is an appreciation of employee legislation and managing industrial relationships.
- Evidence of an ability to develop strong customer relationships from a manufacturing point-of-view is desirable.
- Proven commercial acumen is crucial to ensuring the continued performance of this multi-site manufacturing base.
This is a career opportunity, not a job so we invite applications from committed, career minded individuals.
As a result of an ambitious strategy, this organisation is looking to speak with true leaders capable of driving genuine excellence in the short, medium and long-term.
Please apply by emailing your up to date CV and full package details to: firstname.lastname@example.org