Salary: Salary: Competitive Salary + Attractive Supporting Package.
Based: UK & Ireland
We are currently working with a market leading client based across the UK and Ireland to recruit an experienced Sales Account Manager to join their team. Founded over 35 years ago, this client has now become a multibillion pound innovator in the food manufacturing industry with dynamics in all food and beverage markets. The Group’s worldwide businesses are well positioned for continued growth and development and your role as the UK Sales Account Manager will be to continue and improve this trend.
Your main responsibilities will be to drive sustainable sales profitability in the Meat division and assigned technologies through developing and executing a strategic sales plan based on a deep understanding of customer portfolio and needs.
- Maintain and improve current levels of profitability within relevant products portfolio
- Define growth plans in conjunction with excellent customer engagement
- Ultimate ownership of account plans for selected customers
- Define and document a sales strategy for each account and the implementation of the agreed strategy in conjunction with internal functional colleagues
- Work closely with business development teams across the different technologies for input into account strategies and work within relevant volume and pricing parameters
- Agree and execute pricing plans in line with service and product offerings
- Create and manage total opportunity pipeline – responsible for meeting pre-defined KPI sales targets
- Manage and strengthens relationships with customers, overseeing activities in accordance with customer segmentation guidelines
- Ensure generation of insight with regards to customer profile e.g. procurement, purchasing and innovation as part of strategic account planning & business development
- Support the development of commercial agreements with customers in compliance with company guidelines – including legal, supply and stocking agreements
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Experience selling value added products in the Meat industry is essential
- Commercially strategic thinker and planner; evidence of ability to prioritise key objectives and deliver structured sales plans to achieve them
- Hands-on sales approach, with a preference for spending quality time developing and nurturing multi-level relationships with customers, aligning activity to delivery of business objectives
- Ideally 5 years + working in food industry
- Prior technical / functional experience in areas such as RD&A, process manufacturing or operations preferable
- Fluent English (with additional European languages preferred)
- BBS / BA (at minimum) in a business or industry related discipline, combined with practical Meat, Ingredients industry and / or Culinary experience
- Positive, driven, articulate and credible sales professional
- Excellent impact & influencing capability at all organisational levels in order to optimise internal and external relationships
It is imperative that you will have demonstrable experience in the Food Manufacturing Industry, across value added meat products.
For a confidential discussion please call or email Francesca Fielding (01133 944 950 or Francesca@vitaeselection.com)