Salary: Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience + Competitive Package.
Food Ingredients and Flavours
Based: UK & Ireland
My client is a leading Food Ingredients and Flavours business that is seeking a Senior Emulsifiers Scientist to join their R&D team. They are renowned across the market for their innovative technologies and have a strong ethos of nurturing and growing the talent that they acquire. They have excellent R&D centers across the globe and strive to hire only the best talent.
My client’s range of emulsifiers and texturants are used in many different applications to provide texture, improve mouthfeel and enhance shelf life and freshness. They can help you to respond to changing consumer demands such as the drive to remove gelatine in foods for clean label, religious or dietary reasons. They have the portfolio and expertise to help you deliver products that exceeds consumer expectations across many applications including:
- ice cream, sorbets, sherbets, frozen yoghurt, yoghurts, dairy, non-dairy desserts
- beverages, milk beverages, dairy beverages, yoghurt beverages
- dressings, mayonnaise, sauce, peanut butter
- chocolate, chewing gum, chewy candy, toffees, marshmallows, jellies
The Emulsifier Senior Scientist focusses on the development of new emulsifiers by a strong chemical understanding of the food esters. Responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee projects from customer/ internal brief all the way through to hand over to site at scale up phase.
- Prepare project plan, execute lab experiments, evaluate the executed work and write clear reports.
- Conduct detailed research for the improvement of existing products.
- Keep up to date on key scientific developments and best practice requirements.
- Works closely with application and site team to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Focus on the market requirement and food application knowledge to develop suitable technological solutions.
- Ensure that good laboratory practices and lab protocols are being utilised.
- Documents all research notes in computer databases and record and disseminate key learnings.
- BSc/MSc in Chemistry or Food Technology.
- A solid understanding of Organic Chemistry.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in field (Oleo-chemistry would be a plus).
- Excellent personal and communication skills, with the ability to work independently on one’s own initiative as well as an active part of the team.
- Self-motivated to work continuously in laboratory and field and structured approach to tasks.
- An ability to combine short-term actions with longer-term technology capability development.
- Experience in project management.
- Excellent English with additional European language as a definite advantage.
- Proficiency in Office, experience with ERP and CRM systems.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
To apply please send an up to date CV and current package details to; firstname.lastname@example.org