Salary: Dependent on Experience + Competitive Package.
Food Ingredients and Flavours
Based: UK & Ireland
My client is a leading Food Ingredients and Flavours business that is seeking an innovative NPD Technologist to join their NPD team. They are renowned across the market for their innovative technologies and have a strong ethos of nurturing and growing the talent that they acquire. They have innovation centers across the globe and strive to hire the best talent in the market. This is an opportunity for a successful NPD technologist who is ready for the next step up, or, for a Senior NPD technologist seeking a new challenge in this exciting business.
- Reporting directly to the R&D Manager you will be expected to liaise with Process Engineers, Flavour Experts, Sales Staff, Suppliers, Manufacturing, Customers and Packaging and Marketing specialists to resolve problems.
- Conduct basic research for the improvement of existing products and the development of new products with analyses, tests and insights. Ensuring timely and accurate documentation in all areas and that all procedures and applications comply to the regional or global regulations where sales are expected.
- Actively participate and drive quality improvement for the function.
- Understanding the key commercial requirements of the ingredient industry and ensuring that ingredient functionality into final products fits the purpose of the customer.
- You will be expected to interact and troubleshoot with customers in application concerns and in assisting with technical problems.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to a team of more junior technologists.
- BSc or preferably an MSc in Food science or a related discipline
- Have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the Food or Food Ingredients industry.
- Understanding of yeast and yeast based ingredients, their unique attributes, how and why they impart taste.
- Deep understanding of applications associated with soups, sauces, bouillon cubes, gravies, canned products and prepared meals.
- You will be comfortable liaising with senior members of staff and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with good project management and organisation skills.
- Must be commercially astute, with a strong awareness of market trends.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for food ingredients, a genuine ‘foodie’, with a creative nature and a high attention to detail.
To apply please send an up to date CV and current package details to; firstname.lastname@example.org