Salary: Competitive Salary + Attractive Supporting Package.
Our client, a global giant in the food manufacturing industry is now looking for a senior RD&A Snr Technologist to join their team. The role is based in Ireland and is home to their newly built site that features all the bells and whistles you’d expect from a global leader. It is an amazing open plan facility which encourages collaborative thinking and a cohesive team effort. It has brilliant facilities, parking, and an onsite canteen and a real ethos of family. Your role will be to conduct research for the improvement of existing products and the development of new products, outlining procedures and specifications.
The focus on the role will be on savoury snacks so it is key that you have had previous experience in a similar role. Our client works hard to create the right ingredients for tasty savoury snacks to please the diverse tastes of consumers around the world.
In this market, taste and nutrition are defining factors for the consumer; sporting innovative nutritional qualities are key to expanding market share. People are becoming more concerned with their wellbeing whilst taste remains a major aspect. Providing consumers with a great tasting whilst still being a nutritionally beneficial snack will be extremely pivotal for the market.
This role requires a specific skill set and experience in Snack Flavours and or seasoning development, working on key projects for key clients. The correct candidate will:
- Ensure that ingredient functionality into final products fits the purpose of the customer
- Oversee sensory testing and application screening to support new solutions and sales
- Implement industry recognised methods and provide insight into consumer trends
- Be responsible for product development from initiation to launch
- Develop food system formulations and related applications stability performance through demonstrated understanding of food formulation and chemical interactions
- Interact and troubleshoot with customers on application concerns
- Foster relationships with peers at key accounts, building the image of the company as a leader in its field
- Ensures applications are acceptable in the regional or global markets where sales are expected, including any special criteria such as organic, allergen and GM
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/MSc in Food Science, Food Technology, Applied Science or related area
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, ideally 8 years’ experience in a similar role
- Must be established Snack Flavourist / Specialist with relevant experience in the area of Snack | Dry (savoury | crisp aisle | salty snacks | nuts)
There is also the potential to manage a team – therefore any experience of man-management is desirable also
For a confidential discussion please call or email Francesca Fielding (01133 944 950 or Francesca@vitaeselection.com)