Salary: Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience + Package.
Food Ingredients and Flavours
Based: UK & Ireland
My client is a leading Food Ingredients and Flavours business that is seeking an innovative Senior Sweet Scientist to join their NPD team. They are renowned across the market for their innovative technologies and have a strong ethos of nurturing and growing the talent that they acquire. They have innovation centers across the globe and strive to hire the best talent in the market.
The R&D Senior Scientist plays a key role in the development of new product innovations within the Sweet R&D team, with tasks including the following:
- Manage and deliver key customer development projects. Support R&D with product development insights, analytical and application expertise.
- Take on a key role in the management of strategic research projects. Provide technical direction to other Wet & Sweet R&D team members.
- Conduct detailed research for the improvement of existing jam, water based bake stable and low water activity, icing products and the timely development of new products, manufacturing procedures and specifications.
- Ensure that ingredient functionality will meet customer expectations.
- Understand key commercial requirements of the jam, bake stable and low water activity fillings industry.
- Keep up to date on key scientific developments and best practice requirements.
- Work closely with other functions such as the Operations, Sales, Marketing and Application, Sensory, Supply Chain and Regulatory teams to develop integrated and innovative solutions and also to resolve problems.
- Work closely with internal and external customers and suppliers to develop innovative solutions and resolve technical problems.
- Develop robust recipes, processes and application stability through a thorough understanding of food product design and the fundamental chemical interactions occurring in food products.
- A BSc/MSc in Food Science, Food Technology, Applied Science or a related area.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in food industry, water based bake stable and low water activity fillings, jams, icings research and development.
- Experience in process technology with particular emphasis on fruit based fillings and jams, icings for bakery applications.
- In depth knowledge of compound chemical and physical properties, especially sugars/sweeteners, polyols, texturants.
- In depth knowledge of the bakery market in Europe.
- Ideally experience of bakery applications processes such as co-extrusion/extrusion, injection, coating and depositing.
- You will be comfortable liaising with senior members of staff and presenting to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines with good project management and organisation skills.
- Must be commercially astute, with a strong awareness of market trends.
To apply please send an up to date CV and current package details to; firstname.lastname@example.org