Salary: Competitive Salary Dependent on Experience + Competitive Package.
Food Ingredients and Flavours
Based: UK / Ireland
My client is a leading Food Ingredients and Flavours business that is seeking an NPD Manager to join their NPD team. They are renowned across the market for their innovative technologies and have a strong ethos of nurturing and growing the talent that they acquire. They have excellent NPD centers across the globe and strive to hire only the best talent.
This is a key role in the management team on this multi-plant manufacturing site, as well as in the Global Savoury leadership team. There are significant career progression opportunities within the organisation for the successful candidate
- Reporting to the Site Operations Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for product development from initiation to launch, you will lead the NPD team and their R&D projects.
- Build further scientific knowledge through academic experts, literature reviews, regulatory monitoring, and application studies, as well as establishing strong relationships with selected academic researchers and universities.
- Development of staff in accordance with the needs of the Company, the department, the team and the individual; raising technical standards and capabilities wherever possible.
- Ensure that all Site NPD is profitable and in line with companies margin aspirations, implementing OpEx improvements wherever possible.
- Drive NPD (R&D) product trials/scale-ups and troubleshoot process problems to improve efficiency (throughputs, losses, product quality).
- Use validation techniques, risk management, statistical techniques and associated regulatory requirements as a part of daily activities
- A minimum of 5 years’ relevant industry experience, ideally in Stocks and Bouillons
- Applicants must possess a relevant qualification in chemistry with industry experience in Meat Chemistry. A post-graduate qualification in a related field is desirable.
- Experience in the areas of Process Validation.
- Able to operate in a working factory environment and to interface with various functions within a manufacturing organisation, with an ability to connect science (chemistry, microbiology, knowledge of raw materials) and engineering/process technologies to solve problems.
- Experience in Continuous Improvement initiatives/Six Sigma would be an advantage.
- Strong Technical knowledge and understanding; with an ability to apply scientific principles in a practical and pragmatic manner.
To apply please send an up to date CV and current package details to; firstname.lastname@example.org