Salary: Competitive Salary + Attractive Supporting Package.
Based: Near Milton Keynes
Our clients culinary teams are made up of chefs, bakers, baristas, mixologists and more – all of which passionate about making the very best foods and beverages. As the Application Chef you’ll join this team and will be working directly with the Insights and Product Development teams. Your role will be to craft and perfect recipes that will nourish consumers and delight their senses, bring a creative passion to the finest details and work alongside food technicians and process technologists as they meticulously craft and refine. The talent and experience of the chefs will shine through as they busily create dishes and beverages in the kitchen and you will be the latest member to this established division.
That dedication to culinary excellence is becoming more important than ever. The growing interest in food and beverage is challenging our client to deliver taste experiences the way the best restaurant chefs, baristas and mixologists do. Our client’s chefs demand the very best quality when it comes time to test samples. By joining the team you will have the tools and expertise needed to deliver excellence, and what you make out of it is down to you.
Working very closely with the Global Account Manager, you will be the key contact for all technical and “chefmanship” aspects of our client’s relationship with the customer’s R&D teams.
Team Lead and Lab Management
- Working closely with customer’s Chef to drive the “chefmanship” platform
- Be seen as the culinary expert in Confectionary and Baked applications to help drive further innovations
- Educate and work with customer technologists to continuously improve taste expectations
- Lead development workshops with our clients customers
- Research and maintain awareness of both consumer and food trends including advances in customer equipment, food technologies and competitor activity
- Build interdependent relationships with the customer’s menu development and commercial teams based on credible culinary expertise
- Key gate holder for taste and quality of development samples
- Efficient running of lab operations and activities
Global Development Projects
- Point of contact for all development opportunities from our customer’s R&D activities
- Run the Global / EMEA lead development projects end to end, assuring a smooth process and providing one point of contact for development stages
- Accountable for managing development timelines
- Maintain existing relationships and drive new business relationships
- Pro-actively pursue new opportunities and establish development pipeline
Desirable Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Solid Culinary / Pastry Chef background
- Excellent commercial awareness and run projects accordingly
- Food Science Degree, or relevant experience in food manufacturing environment with a good understanding of food NPD pipeline from market insight to commercialization
- Impressionable food presentation skills.
- Confident and willing to cook and present products to a live audience
- Experience in Ice cream applications
- A team player, driven by customer engagement and multi-level relationship building
- A self-motivated and ambitious work ethic, driven by achieving personal and business objectives
- Enthusiasm and passion for creating best in class food and beverages
- Works well under pressure
- Strong interpersonal skills, articulate and adaptive communication skills in all circumstances
For a confidential discussion please call or email Francesca Fielding (01133 944 950 or Francesca@vitaeselection.com)