Salary: Circa £100,000 - £120,000 + Bonus + Fully Expensed Car + Healthcare + Pension .
My client is an industry leading food manufacturing business, turning over £1.6bn+, with a well established reputation in the market and multiple sites across the UK and across the globe. Due to increased investment and business successes they have an opportunity for a Manufacturing Unit Director with responsibility for the group’s largest manufacturing site with a turnover of £180m.
- Direct the Manufacturing Unit’s resources across all departments and functions of a £180m turnover site with to deliver the groups objectives and exceed customer expectations.
- Develop and deliver the manufacturing unit operational plan and strategy in order to achieve the units EBIT and productivity plan.
- Responsible for designing and implementing the Manufacturing Unit’s capital investment plan within budget and to agreed timelines.
- You will provide pro-active management and leadership to deliver all production and efficiency targets, while ensuring food hygiene, cost parameters and legal obligations are met.
- Design and implement robust operational continuous improvement plans and deploy best practice to embed modern manufacturing techniques.
- Experience of working in a fast paced food production environment with practical experience of implementing lean production techniques to drive efficiencies.
- Track record of serving the major retailers at c£100m+ manufacturing sites.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with extensive knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Systems.
- Strong motivational and leadership characteristics to increase the productivity of a large workforce.
- Enthusiasm and determination combined with a very pragmatic approach to your work are essential traits for this person.
- Highly ambitious with aspirations to become a General Manager in just over a year’s time.
My client are looking to appoint ASAP so please apply with an up to date CV and details of your current salary and package