Salary: Circa £35,000 - £45,000 + Package.
Food & Drink
Based: Home or Office Based (South Wales / Gloucestershire ideal)
My client are an ambitious and customer-focussed food business who manufacture high quality and innovative snacking goods. Offering a wide variety of healthy lifestyle snacking products, they are continually looking for new and inventive ways to stay at the forefront of the industry. Due to recent growth, they have created a new role for a Buyer to support in my client’s significant growth.
- Responsibility for the buying of all raw materials and packaging and tasked with delivering sales and profit targets for category strategy.
- Conduct effective negotiations with suppliers to maximize buying terms so that budgeted financial targets are met and category pricing strategy is delivered.
- Seek to maintain exceptional standards of delivery to customers whilst also seeking to develop the category further
- Review the category for NPD and promotions while also planning and delivering promotions in order to take the lead in the market to ensure performance in the category.
- This position offers the successful candidate an opportunity to build an outstanding career within this organisation.
- 3+ years buying/trading experience dealing with major suppliers is essential.
- Experience at a food manufacturer is a strong desirable, ideally in the snacking channel.
- A relationship builder with strong influencing skills are essential.
- A self-starter with energy and tenacity who can really hit the ground running.
- Strong organisational skills, a pragmatic approach and an ability to prioritise workloads.
- Experience of working in a faced paced environment and awareness of compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent communication skill and the ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Time management and an ability to work cross functionally across all areas of the business.
- Excellent focus on attention to detail and the ability to work to deadlines.
My client are looking to appoint ASAP so please apply with an up to date CV and details of your current salary and package